WE MAKE VACATIONS MAGICAL
Leh With Pangong Tours
PANGONG TO LEH
DAY 01: Arrival Leh
Arrival Leh, assist and transfer you to Hotel in Leh. Rest of the day free to acclimatize to the high altitude of Ladakh. In the evening take a walk to the local bazaar in Leh. Overnight at Hotel in Leh.
DAY 02: Sightseeing around Leh (90 Kms round trip)
Morning after breakfast visit Hall of Fame, Spituk Monastery and Kali Mata Temple, Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Patthar Sahib and Confluence of Zanskar - Indus rivers. Return to Leh for lunch (on own). In the evening visit Leh Palace, Donkey Sanctuary and Shanti Stupa for beautiful sunset view. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel in Leh.
LADAKH HALL OF FAME : The Hall of Fame is a glorious museum constructed by the Indian Army. It is worth a visit for every citizen. You can see the memorabilia, eminent defense personalities with biographies, images and weapons used during the Kargil and other key strategic battles fought in Ladakh. And belongings of the enemy soldiers found at war site. All the martyr and the gallantry award.
SPITUK GOMPA: 8 Kms from Leh, it stands prominently on the top of hillock commanding a panoramic view of the Indus Valley for miles. Many icons of Buddha and fine Thankas are to be found in this 15th century Gompa. The Gompa also houses a collection of ancient masks, antique arms, and an awe-inspiring image of Mahakaal. The face of the Kali image is kept covered and is revealed only at the annual function at January every year.
MAGNETIC HILL : Defying the Law of gravity. This place is close to the Gurdwara Shri Patthar Sahib. It has been noticed that when a vehicle is parked on neutral gear on this metallic road the vehicle slides up-hill that’s the Believe it or not of Ladakh!
GURDWARA SHRI PATTHAR SAHIB: The Shrine known as Gurdwara Patthar sahib is situated about 25 kms. Short of Leh town on the Leh-Srinagar road. Built in the everlasting memory of Shri Guru Nanak Deve Ji the great prophet who sanctified the place by his sacred visit during the year 1517 while on his second missionary tour (2nd Udassi 1515-1518). The Guru reached here via Nepal, Sikkim, Tibet Yarkand and Leh after having spiritual discourses with the sidhas at Mount Sumer (Central Himalayas).
CONFLENCE OF THE ZANSKAR & INDUS: On way to Sham Valley before Nimu village one can have this magnificent view of two rivers in wed-lock! In seasons they have different colors and flow and wildness.
DONKEY SANCTUARY: The sanctuary is situated just off the road leading to Khardungla Pass. The public is encouraged to visit the sanctuary and friendly signs will direct you to the sanctuary from the center of Leh. Once at the sanctuary, the artistic surprise awaiting you is well worth the effort.
LEH PALACE : The Palace overlooks Leh town and is modeled on the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet. The palace was built by King Sengge Namgyal in the 17th century, but was later abandoned when Dogra forces took control of Ladakh in the mid-19th century. The royal family moved to Stok Palace. Leh Palace is nine storeys high;The palace, a ruin, is currently being restored by the Archaeological Survey of India. The palace is open to the public and the roof provides panoramic views of Leh and the surrounding areas. The richest collection of jewellery, ornaments, Thangkas, ceremonial dresses, crowns, and centuries-old pieces of jewellery are kept here for public display.
SHANTI STUPA (Japanese Peace Pagoda) : Shanti Stupa/Japanese peace pagoda is build by a Japanese religious organization headed by Head monk Nakamura with the help from the organization and local people. It is situated at a hill top in Cahngspa village providing a bird eye view of the Leh town and the surrounding mountain peaks. Architecturally it has the Japanese touch with small clean rooms on the side for meditators and the main Japanese shrine at the entrance.
DAY 03: Leh Pangong Lake– 14,000 FT. (140KMS/4-5HRS One Way)
After an early breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake through Changla pass 5486 Mtrs. The long easy ascent takes you to Changla pass through its windy roads passing through Sakti Village. Stop at the Changla Pass for a quick photograph session and drive down to the village of Tangtse, where you can relax for a cup of tea. Leaving Tangtse for Pangong you pass through few small villages of Changthang and finally you can have a sudden view of the Pangong Lake situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m). This famous blue Lake of Pangong is 5/6 Kms wide and over 133 Kms long with half of its running the other side of the "INDO CHINA BORDER". One rarely feels so close to nature and environment and the scenery is unforgettable. After the success of 3 Idiots, this beautiful natural location has attracted more tourists from all over the world. Overnight at Pangong in Camp
DAY 04: Pangong to Leh :
Morning at leisure to explore the beauty of lake and later we drive back to Leh and check in at our hotel for Overnight. In the evening you can stroll around the market place for some last minute souvenir shopping
DAY 05: Airport Departure
Leave on time for Leh airport to board your flight to Delhi
Confluence of Zanskar - Indus rivers | Spituk Gompa | Hemis Monastery | Shanti Stupa | Magnetic Hill | Gurudwara Pathar Sahib | Shey Palace | Thiksey GompaPangong :
Chang La Pass | Pangong Lake
- Accommodation in Twin/Double sharing basis in Starting Room category at each place
- 04 breakfasts and 04 dinners
- Transportation by NAC Xylo / Scorpio / Innova (as per availability) for arrival / departure transfers, sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Assistance at the airport while arriving and departing.
- Oxygen Cylinder in each vehicle while travelling to Nubra/ Pangong/ Tsomoriri only.
- Ladakh Royalty Fee.
- Inner-line permits
- Potareges at hotel and airport
- All applicable luxury/ road taxes
- GST will be applicable as per prevailing rates.
- Airfares & train fare.
- Any monastery entrance fees, Any Joy ride or rafting.
- Medical expenses (apart from first aid) and insurance of any kind.
- Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges, camera fee and items of personal nature.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the programme, any extra running will be charges extra.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Any other item not mentioned in the cost includes section.
Supplement for English Speaking Local Guide (optional): Rs. 3000.00 per day.
- Conservation & National Park Fees.
- Domestic airfare (Insurance Surcharge + Fuel Surcharge)
- Emergency rescue.
- Entrance fees & Guide if any.(Guide costs INR.2000 or US$30 per day)
- Expenses due to the situation beyond our control (Such as; landslides, natural calamities, road blockade, political disturbance, flight cancellation etc.)
- Expenses of personal Nature.
- Medical expenses.
- Other Services not mentioned in cost including.
- Personal Insurance.
- Tips and Gratuities.